Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thoughts on Tools

I've been thinking about the challenge of using a variety of tools to tell the same story and I'm not sure if that is the best approach. It does help you understand what each tool does, but not every tool lends itself to every story. As I have written before, it is important to look critically at the affordances of the tool to think under what circumstances the tool would work well.

  • Can you use the tool collaboratively? 
  • How much control do you have over the look? 
  • When is this important?
  • What medium or combination of media best tell the story?
  • How do I want it shared?
  • Do you just want something quick and easy? (for what purposes)
  • Do you need the story to be hyperlinked? Is this possible with the tool?
These are just some questions to ask. I would love to have you add questions below.




and some more playing

Five Card Story: Where Does it Lead

a #etmooc story created by susanvg

flickr photo by dmffryed

flickr photo by mrsdkrebs

flickr photo by mrsdkrebs

flickr photo by cogdogblog

flickr photo by debbie.fucoloro
Travelling down a learning path. Sometimes I feel alone, an anomaly in my face to face community. I travel on this voyage of discovery, piquing my curiosity and creativity. Looking for new vistas. Online I find community - fellow seekers. I howl with joy as I find my pack in this wide open space. Serenity in the knowledge that I have fellow travellers.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely story dear Susan. Great dreamer Don Quijote like all of us?

    ReplyDelete